FLtreasure

Oct 29, 2016
Southeast Florida
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow hunters!

I'm in SE Florida and have been hunting for just over a month or so. I'm seeking any guidance or input on map research methods or tips for potential detecting grounds. I've found some cool resources online for old maps of Florida and state recognized historical landmarks, but of course in Florida you can't go anywhere near these sites detecting :icon_scratch: I know there is a ton of history throughout the state including old settlements, lost military forts & abandoned towns. I've been researching map dowsing also, although I don't quite get it! Any input or advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5819.JPG
    IMG_5819.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5820.JPG
    IMG_5820.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you tried following the user Jeff PA, a mod on here. He is analytically gifted in regards to research, it would not take you but about 10 minutes in looking at some of the cool threads posted by him to see, gather and develop your own pattern based on some of the articles posted on here.

Naturally that is not the only user on here of course who shares, but certainly the easiest ones methods. Seriously I would guess it would take longer to explain it that it would to just have a look for your self.

Good luck.

OP
OP
FLtreasure

FLtreasure

Oct 29, 2016
Southeast Florida
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I used some links provided and found an old Masonic Lodge for "colored" people in Florida. It is now an empty field in a not so great area of town. Wow I'm pretty excited. Guess I gotta see if I can get some type of permission for a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread