Marble cache

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i have a friend that just got back from Aruba. She was taken to a remote islet to beachcomb and was told she couldn't take any shells but she could take all the glass she wanted, including marbles. It turns out that at some point in the past thousands of marbles were dumped off shore and if you snorkel you can find them by the handful. The fellow that took her out there (teenager) had found over 1,500 over time.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very pleased cheese....im having a fantastic time becoming a marble head.....incredible amount of info out there to absorb.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes sense.....my finds came from 3 or 4 separate spots. The marble spot was the newer of the spots. What time frame do think these marbles are from @cheese ??

sc arrow

May 10, 2023
south carolina
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was hunting in South carolina and came across a jar of marbles in a bottle dump. There were 40 in a small glass jar. All of them are in good condition, and they came from an old man named grover. Grover died a few years back, and they bulldozed the shack he lived in. His old place was on a 400 acre piece of land we use for hunting. Not sure what I got as far as there age, and was not super excited when I got them.....but now I really like this find and and am excited to have gotten it. They are all beautiful and I never got a yellow marble before !!
Pretty neat stuff. I recently found one of those glass electrical insulators but the base was broken off. I live in SC as well near Hampton county. Where is this area you are talking about?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: