What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Marble?

Crumb

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
95
Reaction score
275
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mountains of East K.y.
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400 ace
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was searching my cornfield for some flint points or artifacts of any kind and happened to find this. My question is is this an old marble cause the marbles I have found ain’t clay or ceramic I’m guessing that’s the material. Or is it something that could be a native artifact?
 

Attachments

  • 90504158-2A04-44B2-A9B2-848A11862F33.webp
    90504158-2A04-44B2-A9B2-848A11862F33.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 0ED397E9-9081-4BFC-9B88-737BF6FA28F2.webp
    0ED397E9-9081-4BFC-9B88-737BF6FA28F2.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • 5479A622-6679-4FDA-B499-19C30DD40B8B.webp
    5479A622-6679-4FDA-B499-19C30DD40B8B.webp
    989.3 KB · Views: 81
Here is a link to some reading on clay marbles, which is what I think you have.

 
Upvote 1
I vote clay marble. 19th century. Some were made earlier of course. The great German swirl marbles were first made in the 1840's, however, not everyone could afford them.
 
Upvote 1
I vote clay marble. 19th century. Some were made earlier of course. The great German swirl marbles were first made in the 1840's, however, not everyone could afford them.
Thanks man that’s cool that it’s that old
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom