Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
:idea: Hey guys,

I've moved quite a bit across the world. From Louisiana, Virginia, four years in Korea, Arkansas and now NC. I've got some past leads and stories from old timers and research. I will probably never follow up on them since I live so far away and have no intentions of returning. I don't know how many are willing to share their old leads, but I am. I'd be thrilled to hear something came out of my leads. What do you think about offering another item to the forum index called "Treasure Leads" or something along that line? It could then be indexed according to states. Take a poll maybe :?: Just an idea...

All the best,
Darren in NC

Attachments

• DSC07817.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC07809 (3).JPG
    DSC07809 (3).JPG
    674.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC07810 (2).JPG
    DSC07810 (2).JPG
    810.1 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Sounds like a good idea to me, Darren. They already have something along those lines on Insurgent Gophers Hunters, but it doesn't appear to be getting much traffic. But maybe that's because it's such a new site.

There's a certain amount of that here, but it's scattered around all over the threads and I imagine people would have to do a lot of searching and have an idea what they were looking for in order to find it.

Nice suggestion. Hope they take you up on giving it some thought.

J

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yeh, I just hate that I know some unpublished leads and that someone might be able to follow up on. If we don't start a new item on the forum, I'll be happy to just include them under other subjects :-)

Darren in NC

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to get people to do that by suggesting to Marc to put in the section "old photos/maps". It has gotten limited use. Maybe they could put the two next to each other and it would be of greater use. It pains me when I think of all the "old cronies" in my club that have thousands of leads like this locked up in their tiny little brains. They hoard it like they are going to go back there some day (yet they know they will most likely not). Unfotunately when people treasure hunt, there is an unwritten code of ethics that says if you did the research, then just don't give it away. I can understand this to some degree. New places, especially with old coins or artifacts are hard to come by. Research is the key to unlock those places, but people want instant gratification by folks just giving them this info. Perhaps this could be subcatagorized by state.
Great idea if you can get it to work.
CS 8)

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks, Chiz. I really appreciate all you guys to to keep us in touch with each other :-) I look forward to hearing back...

Darren in NC

Attachments

• wwwww.jpg
    wwwww.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 9
  • md012.jpg
    md012.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 10
  • trigger guard 2.jpg
    trigger guard 2.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 8
  • trigger guard.jpg
    trigger guard.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 8

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
good deal

i'm all for it, have loads of leads for the U.S. and several overseas areas.

Attachments

• button 9.11.11.jpg
    button 9.11.11.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 618817d1332538028-just-found-button-can-anyone-id-button003.jpg
    618817d1332538028-just-found-button-can-anyone-id-button003.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member