March 12, 13 rally

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Here's a clip.

The DJIA is up 0.75%, but the biggest winners in my little financials list, both up over 20%, are AIG and GM. What does that make you think of? Exactly, they are the two firms, if you leave CIti alone for a moment, that depend most for their survival on the government and the Federal Reserve, that wouldn‘t be around anymore if not for your money. It's so insanely perverted that they are both still traded on an exchange, I just can't help mentioning it one more time, as I have done many times before. Both AIG and GM should have been de-listed long ago, and for several reasons: they are no longer going concerns, that's a mere illusion brought about by public funds, and their stock has dropped so much it's below normal index standards (I know, like so many others).

The main point is that any and all gains the companies generate, in the face of the behemoth losses they have suffered, should go to you, because it's your money that's propping them up. Instead, a bunch of smart traders, perhaps even at AIG, are making a killing today on the stock of walking dead corporations, and I don't hear one voice of protest. What have we come to what have we done to ourselves. Will we allow ethics and morals to erode ever further? And if so, where will that take us? The profits in the markets today are there because of your money, but you won't see a penny of it, because the stock will plummet again soon, and then your reward will come in the shape of the losses. Man, I tell you, is capitalism dead or what? There's little wrong at face value with the idea of a free market, but at the same time there's nothing more wrong in a society than to allow a few self-declared smart guys to continually rip off the majority of the population, simply because their representatives sleep with the devil.

Any thoughts, comments?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread