What's new

Marked Coins

teh nzectar

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone here mark their halves by painting them red? I was wondering because I have gone through about $700 in halves, in a few different locations, and still have found coins that are partially or fully painted red. If not, is there any explanation for this? Thanks
 
Upvote 0
If it is old, worn paint they were used in a juke box. :thumbsup:
 
And for other vending machines etc. Still done with quarters sometimes.
It was a system to keep house money separate from profits from customers, you kept the reds, and the rest was profit.
that way if someone said the machine ate there money or you were giving a demo or something, you could keep it straight for accounting.
 
Haven't really found any of those myself, but the replies to explain them have been very interesting! Had never heard of that being done, makes good sense though. Nice to know guys, cool stuff.

~Dave
 
Oh good......when I first read the title to this thread I though.....here we go again....ha!

This was done alot back in the day on quarters mainly for the juke boxes. Red fingernail polish was commonly used. As for the halves, I am not 100% sure of that. That may just be someone marking coins.........oh no.......
 
around here one of the porn shops use pink ones for access to the 'back room'. They use an old turnstile and charge 7-8 bucks for the half to use in the gate.
 
markmopar said:
around here one of the porn shops use pink ones for access to the 'back room'. They use an old turnstile and charge 7-8 bucks for the half to use in the gate.

Markmopar,

Just curious, what exactly goes on in the "back room"? Couldn't a person bring in their own pink coin to use in the gate?

You seem to have some expert knowledge regarding the porn shop. :icon_scratch: LOL!!

Jim
 
LJ said:
Oh good......when I first read the title to this thread I though.....here we go again....ha!

This was done alot back in the day on quarters mainly for the juke boxes. Red fingernail polish was commonly used. As for the halves, I am not 100% sure of that. That may just be someone marking coins.........oh no.......
That is what I thought to. Of course, I stay out of that one now. That's the kinder, gentler me.
 
jim4silver said:
Markmopar,

Just curious, what exactly goes on in the "back room"? Couldn't a person bring in their own pink coin to use in the gate?
And yes, I do have knowledge of porn shops, LOL! Go-go bars, too. In fact, that's where I got my girlfriend from(the bar, not the porn shop).
I even got the pole from the bar she used to work at when it closed. Someday, when I own my home, it will go in the garage near the bar.

You seem to have some expert knowledge regarding the porn shop. :icon_scratch: LOL!!

Jim

They have all nude dancers and conversation booths where they try to separate you from your money.
I guess a person could bring their own half but they watch from the counter who goes in. they only sell you one at a time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom