What's new

Marked halves?

What year were the coins?

I "Think" JW is the initials I saw on the front of a bunch of 1989 coins in the Phoenix area. What area are you in?
 
On the subject of marked coins, anyone see the following:

1. Brown number on to right of Kennedy's head, three numbers always.

2. Aqua squiggly circle? on face of coin, could also be a "c".

3. Blue dot on reverse on shield on eagle's chest.

I see this alot and it has to be a big volume CRHer.

Jim
 
I get some of those, he used to mark it on the front. Recently i've seen a few from 2010 that he's marking on the reverse.
 
So "JW" marks are going all the way form AZ to PA. Wow, the guy must have marked a lot of coins.
 
jim4silver said:
On the subject of marked coins, anyone see the following:

1. Brown number on to right of Kennedy's head, three numbers always.

2. Aqua squiggly circle? on face of coin, could also be a "c".

3. Blue dot on reverse on shield on eagle's chest.

I see this alot and it has to be a big volume CRHer.

Jim
Jim,
Got all three.
 
How about a thick black horizontal line covering the bottom quarter of the obverse or reverse?
 
jrf30 said:
So "JW" marks are going all the way form AZ to PA. Wow, the guy must have marked a lot of coins.

I can kind of help verify this. I have seen A LOT of them, although none in the past few weeks, here in Arkansas.
 
jim4silver said:
On the subject of marked coins, anyone see the following:

1. Brown number on to right of Kennedy's head, three numbers always.

2. Aqua squiggly circle? on face of coin, could also be a "c".

3. Blue dot on reverse on shield on eagle's chest.

I see this alot and it has to be a big volume CRHer.

Jim


Jim I get them al. I've seen Mr Brown numbers down to about 32. Are you close to St Louis?
 
ronbo22 said:
jim4silver said:
On the subject of marked coins, anyone see the following:

1. Brown number on to right of Kennedy's head, three numbers always.

2. Aqua squiggly circle? on face of coin, could also be a "c".

3. Blue dot on reverse on shield on eagle's chest.

I see this alot and it has to be a big volume CRHer.

Jim


Jim I get them al. I've seen Mr Brown numbers down to about 32. Are you close to St Louis?


My boxes come from the Brinks facility that covers all that area and most of eastern MO I believe. Must be into some parts of IL as you seem to be getting them too.

Jim
 
Rich Hartford said:
How about a thick black horizontal line covering the bottom quarter of the obverse or reverse?

I've seen that in Pa.
 
well i guess "i just marked a few, what harm can it do?" is coming back to bite us in the a$$.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom