marked historic sites

garrets250

Oct 19, 2007
hey everyone!
8)like i was wondering i live in bartow county in cartersvile pretty much in white and i go near the cassville area to go to school.and along the way i see these sighns that say stuff like confederete line and theres one that used to be a church then theres old chimneys wich are whats left standing from houses that were from the people in like the 1800s i guess.and on my sorta neihbors property theres whats left of an old well wich is just a hole in the ground about 4-5 feet down is all it is now and the chimney from a house that belonged to a dud that loaded the indians onto the choo-choo during the trail of tears.so would these be good places?
and would i be allowed to hunt them?
i have the ownes permision on the old well and the chimney i just menchioned.
would they be good.im getting my md like this weekend and im getting the whites mxt.
replys appreciated! mxt

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
Yes, the property with the well will be good. You should be able to stay bust there for a long time. Watch in the spring to see where the flowers come up. Try to find out where the home sat and faced. The outhouse will be out back and the path between the house and the outhouse will be good. The really early homes had the kitchen in another building away from the house. There will also be a good trash dump there somewhere.

You wont find a lot, if anything, along trenchlines because that is where everyone has hunted but the area around them is good sometimes. Read up on what happened at Cassville. A lot went on there. I was hunting a hilltop off hwy 20 and hwy 41 last week and found 4 minnieballs. The yankees used the hill to shell the confederate lines on the second day. There is a lot of stuff to be found around Cassville and White too. Did you know that White used to be Whites? There was a store there owned by Mr. White and it came to be known as Whites but the people didn't like the "s" and changed it the White.

Anything can be anywhere.

J

OP
OP
G

garrets250

Oct 19, 2007
kool
umm when i get my detector do you wanna go metal detecting?i need some adult person whos been doing this a long time to show me the good spots.thx
plz reply

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, property marked with historical markers is owned by a private individual and sometimes it is owned by the state or a city, etc. Try to find out who owns the land and ask permission no matter what.

One of my favorite sites to hunt is directly across the street from a maker about the location being a civil war site. I have only seen another hunter there once. I find something there every time I go related to the war. I guess sometimes the obvious seems to good to be true!

Da Chief

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread