What's new

Marking Rolls - Why?

seattleMD

Full Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
102
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Every bank I've spoken to says they break all customer rolls and count them prior to throw them in the vault or teller trays. Why mark them then?
 
Upvote 0
seattleMD said:
Every bank I've spoken to says they break all customer rolls and count them prior to throw them in the vault or teller trays. Why mark them then?
The banks here don't break them up. I'd like to see them put the $250-500 in their tray that I dump at each branch................LOL
 
My bank does not take hand rolled coins. They break em and run them through the machine. One of my other banks however has their machine but is not programed to accept halves. They still accept them and if I brought them in rolls they would probably accept them but I am not about to reroll $2000 in halves everyweek when I can bag and dump down the street from them. I guees if depends on the bank and the area.
 
Hydrantman said:
My bank does not take hand rolled coins. They break em and run them through the machine. One of my other banks however has their machine but is not programed to accept halves. They still accept them and if I brought them in rolls they would probably accept them but I am not about to reroll $2000 in halves everyweek when I can bag and dump down the street from them. I guees if depends on the bank and the area.

The only bank in town with coin machines don't accept halves. I have to reroll them all. And when I turn in the box, I've watched them crack the rolls and dump them in a counter bag. It can be a bit disheartening.

So I don't mark rolls, but do mark an error coin possiblity. That way I don't ever have to check that coin for the error again. Plus I can get an idea of if my coins are working there way back into my supply. Hasn't happened yet.

HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom