118.3 KB · Views: 241
  • May14.2.jpg
    May14.2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 239

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
Ya wanna see deep? Try the BHID in AM Supertuned mode and watch the LEDS dig all yellow and blue if it even filcks red pass............Bring a BIG shovel!!!! 11.86g 10k @ well over a foot deep - saltwater beach!

Attachments

• addon.jpg
    addon.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 238

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
Fistfulladirt said:
Nice ring. I have yet to dig a ring that has not been junk. Two years.

WATERHUNTING..............that's where the good ones are, even wetsand beaches produce some, more in the water due to the "you can't bend down and pick it up" factor. I've dug gold rings in 3 inches of water. But you work for them about 100-150 tabs to each ring in trashy areas due to the detector repellant (pulltabs) in most areas.

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R AND R said:
Ya wanna see deep? Try the BHID in AM Supertuned mode and watch the LEDS dig all yellow and blue if it even filcks red pass............Bring a BIG shovel!!!! 11.86g 10k @ well over a foot deep - saltwater beach!
The best rings I've ever dug(or should I say scoop) were in the water

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Giant056 said:
R AND R said:

Are ya using the All metal mode to hunt?? >?, the improved depth will shock ya.
Sometimes, you only get a rise in the threshold w/ no led. That always intrests me, It's one of two things - a ultra small target at 5-7 or a good un' at insane depth. I wish it would warm up a bit so I don't get hyperthermia in the water! I've only got the 9.5 coil and I can wear myself out digging I can't imagine the depth of the 12 inch coil.

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R AND R said:
Giant056 said:
R AND R said:

Are ya using the All metal mode to hunt?? >?, the improved depth will shock ya.
Sometimes, you only get a rise in the threshold w/ no led. That always intrests me, It's one of two things - a ultra small target at 5-7 or a good un' at insane depth. I wish it would warm up a bit so I don't get hyperthermia in the water! I've only got the 9.5 coil and I can wear myself out digging I can't imagine the depth of the 12 inch coil.
Always

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's rings and things I've found with both my MXT and Beach Hunter I.D. in the past 4 years

Attachments

• ringsnthings.jpg
    ringsnthings.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 197

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.. i cant wait till summer i got me a tiger shark and im also takeing scuba diving lessons to hunt in the florida keys. i hope i have luck like that .. very nice

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Planet1mars (mike) said:
Nice finds.. i cant wait till summer i got me a tiger shark and im also takeing scuba diving lessons to hunt in the florida keys. i hope i have luck like that .. very nice
I've heard a lot of good things about the Tiger Sharks, Al at Prostock Detectors says they're a really good detector.

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Yep! You know the secrets to using the BHID in AM that's for sure!!!!!! WTG that's a great pile o loot!!!! Did somebody say something about using a Tiger Shark in the salt..........uhhhhhhhh..... My Stingray 2 goes batshoot in the saltwater..........hence BHID..

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
Giant056 said:
Here's rings and things I've found with both my MXT and Beach Hunter I.D. in the past 4 years

Is that captains bars (army) ? mid picture? OK Giant, break it down...gold, silver. I myself have 4 silver rings to one gold. All from sports parks. I wish I lived closer to the watet :tongue3:

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
radiemaker said:
Giant056 said:

Is that captains bars (army) ? mid picture? OK Giant, break it down...gold, silver. I myself have 4 silver rings to one gold. All from sports parks. I wish I lived closer to the watet :tongue3:
I don't know if they're army or not but in the same area I found 3 ringers old coins (including a 3 cent piece) and a 12lb solid shot cannon ball, an oldtimer that was hunting the same site scored a Union Army civil war belt plate a few days earlier, he said that he had done extensive research on the area and that it was used for civil war training. I found it last summer on the Dickman Road Project in Battle Creek, it's all asphalt and new grass right now, I hope another spot like this comes up soon, my brother and I made some great finds there last year, I also pulled a very nice barber half from the area. Last year I actually found more gold rings than silver, this year I've only found silver rings and haven't even gotten a gold one yet.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last year i found a lot of silver i had 60 grams total.. so far this year i snagged a 14k ring and a school it was only 1/4inch deep.. I'm wishing for the warm weather... I hear alot on the tiger shark i took it out at a school it was great ignoring iron

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Wow, Giant, that is a great collection of rings. I haven't found much of anything any good so far. Hoping to see a
big improvement this summer.

Happy Hunting,

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread