What's new

May be. A tooth or something

Jasonaustin

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2017
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mesa arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had this here A rock or fossil whatever it is for a few years I can't remember where I got it from but but it was here in Arizona I would say it's about an inch and a half wide in about 2 inches tall 20181102_174326.webp20181102_174555.webp20181102_174326.webp20181102_174555.webp
 
Just looks like a rock to me...but sometimes I'm not right...
 
IMO it is milk quartz.
 
Another pic
 

Attachments

  • 20181102_185555.webp
    20181102_185555.webp
    391.9 KB · Views: 119
Looks like quartz to me, in my opinion, not a tooth
 
Do you mind if I save one of your photos? Its easier to explain a few things that I noticed.
 
An I was thinking tht it was a animal tooth or some sort
 
Sry, I forgot about this. The outlined red area is interesting, but I don’t have enough to go on by just this picture. It’s possible you only have one side and the white section appears to be the interior and was a calcium mineral before permineralization. It looks like it’s calcite now, so that makes sense. The outlined red area is a different mineral, probably quartz. The reason for the two different petrifications is the mineral makeup prior to fossilization.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1542644316.717335.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom