What's new

May Finds - bone and stone, points, blades, beads and bracelet.

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't post for awhile as it's been a busy month, not only with home projects (I took apart the '50's Montgomery Wards garage that my '30 Ford was stored in and am in the putting it back together at my house.) but also helping get the garden started and trying to stay ahead of the weeds around the site. But that doesn't mean I haven't been hunting.

This is an assortment of the nicer things I found through the month. I will also post some photos of some of the pot shards that I picked up.

Thank you Steve (larson1951) for the display case, this stuff looks pretty good in it.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-05-28_19-01-55_458a.webp
    2012-05-28_19-01-55_458a.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 2012-05-28_19-02-11_214b.webp
    2012-05-28_19-02-11_214b.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 2012-05-28_19-02-41_591c.webp
    2012-05-28_19-02-41_591c.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 2012-05-28_19-02-56_911d.webp
    2012-05-28_19-02-56_911d.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 2012-05-28_19-06-54_618e.webp
    2012-05-28_19-06-54_618e.webp
    44 KB · Views: 123
  • 2012-05-28_19-07-16_220f.webp
    2012-05-28_19-07-16_220f.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 2012-05-28_19-07-24_212g.webp
    2012-05-28_19-07-24_212g.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 2012-05-28_19-07-41_966h.webp
    2012-05-28_19-07-41_966h.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
Jesus I would run naked in the woods for a week to find stuff like that! Thanks for sharing! Do you dig or stomp?

Johnathan Griswold
 
Jesus I would run naked in the woods for a week to find stuff like that! Thanks for sharing! Do you dig or stomp?

Johnathan Griswold

I find most of my stuff walking although the better quality bone items are usually found below the surface.
 
Wow that's amazing what part of the country are you from? If you don't mind me asking

Johnathan Griswold
 
Those are some really nice artifacts, the bone artifacts are great. That is a great arrow shaft wrench really some killer artifacts. Real nice !!! thatnks for posting them
 
yup, they look good in that case
those abraders are showing alot of use till the groove gets so deep that they break in half
you got some nice triple and four groovers there, and the two granite ones are really rare
that piece of elk antler is the longest i think i have seen
gris, if you look at his avatar you see what state these are from
 
Guys the more I spend time on this website the more I would like to quit my job and hunt all day everyday, its amazing the artifacts people find I feel like my collection is so small compared to ones like this! I'm thankful for everything I find I can't imagine finding items like these, I would prob die of a heart attack when I do!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Prehistoric tool envy.

Some things just don't change.
 
birdpointgriswold said:
Guys the more I spend time on this website the more I would like to quit my job and hunt all day everyday, its amazing the artifacts people find I feel like my collection is so small compared to ones like this! I'm thankful for everything I find I can't imagine finding items like these, I would prob die of a heart attack when I do!

Johnathan Griswold

I sure do know what you' re talking about. The hunting and finding is the additive part of all this. Having stuff is great but I think the hunt rules.

I'm very fortunate to have access to a private site that really has never been abused or torn up. And it's just minutes from my house. All the stuff I find comes from one site. It's a very early Mandan Village that legend has it, Custer and wife Libby would spend Sunday afternoons hunting artifacts there. Lewis and Clark mentioned it as already abandoned when they came through here.
I guess I'm a little spoiled because whenever I go out looking, I find something. I really do, however, appreciate what I have access to and enjoy sharing some of my finds here.
 
you've been doin good :icon_thumright:
 
T Witko said:
I sure do know what you' re talking about. The hunting and finding is the additive part of all this. Having stuff is great but I think the hunt rules.

I'm very fortunate to have access to a private site that really has never been abused or torn up. And it's just minutes from my house. All the stuff I find comes from one site. It's a very early Mandan Village that legend has it, Custer and wife Libby would spend Sunday afternoons hunting artifacts there. Lewis and Clark mentioned it as already abandoned when they came through here.
I guess I'm a little spoiled because whenever I go out looking, I find something. I really do, however, appreciate what I have access to and enjoy sharing some of my finds here.

That's awesome man! Great to have history to back it up also!

Johnathan Griswold
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom