Maybe junk but with a curious twist of wire.

DiggetyDog

Nov 8, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTRA 705
MINELAB CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this thing about 5" under. Maybe hubcap? Idk but, it was tied to this wire. Not real interesting but I had to cut the wire and leave most of it there. The other end of this wire is still burried. I tried pulling it out but it wouldn't budge. So far I have dug about a foot and a half down, only stopping because it got too dark, and still, the thing won't give it up. WTF?! UGH!
It's probably wrapped around a friggin root or something but the curiosity is killing me. 20131215_221545.jpg 20131215_221920.jpg

Upvote 0

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like an old headlamp pan from an old truck..

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to dig until I found what's at the other end.As the old saying goes Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back.:cat:DIG IT.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's used for seismic testing for oil. I've found a few. The wire was used to detonate explosive charge

Klclark3

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it could always be a big metal hat :laughing7: just kidding.

OP
OP
DiggetyDog

DiggetyDog

Nov 8, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTRA 705
MINELAB CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's used for seismic testing for oil. I've found a few. The wire was used to detonate explosive charge

Ok I have heard this from a few different people now and I really don't want curiosity killing this cat so I decided to do a closer investigation of the wire. I stripped some of plastic covering off and found these two different colored wires. One wire is really red and the other is like a basic copper color (like speaker wire). Is this, in fact, the type of wire used for detonating explosives? And if so would they actually leave explosives behind without detonating them?
I am a bit concerned here now.
20131216_132202-1.jpg

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was in an area where testing like that would have been done I wouldn't pursue it any further. But man that would be pretty irresponsible of the company leaving live explosives behind. Maybe you should make the authorities aware of what you might have found so no kid out detecting finds it. There was another detectorist on here that found a live grenade and he contacted authorities.

OP
OP
DiggetyDog

DiggetyDog

Nov 8, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTRA 705
MINELAB CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very good idea. I was thinking about it, and the hole probably goes way deeper than I could ever dig anyway.

OP
OP
DiggetyDog

DiggetyDog

Nov 8, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTRA 705
MINELAB CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was in an area where testing like that would have been done I wouldn't pursue it any further.

I am not sure about this specific spot, but it is Texas so...

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I have heard this from a few different people now and I really don't want curiosity killing this cat so I decided to do a closer investigation of the wire. I stripped some of plastic covering off and found these two different colored wires. One wire is really red and the other is like a basic copper color (like speaker wire). Is this, in fact, the type of wire used for detonating explosives? And if so would they actually leave explosives behind without detonating them?
I am a bit concerned here now.
View attachment 913926

Cut the , uh, um, yellow wire, OH! WAIT! NO! CUT THE YELLOW WIRE!!!!

BOOM_BABY.jpg
---------------Boom baby!---------------

All kidding aside, if it could even REMOTELY be associated with anything that goes boom. DO NOT PLAY AROUND!

We want you to be around to share finds.

Like the first rule of guns taught to me. "There is NO SUCH THING as an unloaded gun!"

Last edited:

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it were still live it would be very very deep.

OP
OP
DiggetyDog

DiggetyDog

Nov 8, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTRA 705
MINELAB CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO! Yep. Think I am goin to leave this one alone. Dammit! If just one person had said it was a dead Spaniards helmet put there (just before the French attacked) to mark the burried treasure of payroll silver coins....:BangHead:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO! Yep. Think I am goin to leave this one alone. Dammit! If just one person had said it was a dead Spaniards helmet put there (just before the French attacked) to mark the burried treasure of payroll silver coins....:BangHead:

Ya know, my first impression was that this was something that was tied on a fence to keep critters out. A few of them should make quite a clatter. LOL ;)

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago, in the mid 70's, here in Pa, they were exploring for gas. The first crew that came in had a huge machine that bored holes in the ground. They would place these caps over the hple. Weeks later, another crew came in and set off explosives in the holes. The cap poses no danger at all.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it could always be a big metal hat :laughing7: just kidding.

I think you nailed it. :thumbsup: It looks like the hat the girl wore in the original "True Grit" movie. :dontknow:
-MM-

Attachments

• tg.jpg
    tg.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 42

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure Whadifind meant: "No, cut the -OTHER- yellow wire!!!" Being specific helps!

No I meant it as I said it, but either way, the confusion would be just as complete. Probably the same result. LOL ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread