Maybe not "Best" but "interesting" none the less

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe not "Best" but "interesting" none the less

A little while back, my Dad and I were hunting an elementary school in Sullivan MO and I came across a couple odd finds. A pair of WWII sterling silver pilot's wings

10958_22_01_08_7_43_20_2.jpg

and a steel penny from 1943 in excellent condition (yes it's a real one; it stuck to a magnet)

10958_22_01_08_7_36_25_1.jpg

Upvote 0

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Re: Maybe not "Best" but "interesting" none the less

Love the wings. I have never heard of a steel cent being detected. That is cool!!!!

DM

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.

Very nice. I guess some kid brought granddad's relics for show and tell. I bet he/she got a good butt spanking when his/her parent's found out that they had lost them.

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ha ha ha! That's exactly what Dad and I speculated on "Lenin". I contacted the school to see if anyone reported them lost but so far, nothing?!? I wonder if the parents/grandparents even knew about the 'one-way trip' their mementos took to school?
The school has been there since the early 1900s and has had renovation work done on the yard recently, so they could have just turned over the ground they were lost in many years ago. The wings are a little discolored but the penny was in too good a shape in my opinion to have been there long. The thin zinc coating on it should have deteriorated in that scenario?!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread