What's new

Maybe you have seen this . . .

Skywola

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
282
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
These two pieces were found in seperate locations Sycamore Creek, Arizona. I am sure they are some type of metal, but not lead, they are to light to be lead. It is metal, because it sets my metal detector off. My Ace 250 says it's a dime though! The dime in the photo is for size comparison.
 

Attachments

  • Whatsit01.webp
    Whatsit01.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 434
  • Whatsit02.webp
    Whatsit02.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 427
  • Whatsit01.webp
    Whatsit01.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 424
  • Whatsit02.webp
    Whatsit02.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 422
Looks like melted aluminum to me .


Mac
 
That's probably it . . I tried using the metal detector on the small piece and it said aluminum tab, but the big piece said dime . . . I guess that may be just because there is so much more metal in the big piece.

Aluminum:
Melting Point: 1220.6 °F
Boiling Point: 4472.6 °F


That was a quick solution, thanks . . .
 
Stcamore Creek Hmm..... By any chance were you close to a campfire ring? Remnants of one heck of a camping weekend.
 
Strange as it may seem, it was actually under the overhang of a huge boulder, and I was holding my detector under the overhang, the top of the forementioned space was about hip height, on the downstream side. All I can figure is that last time it flash-flooded, it picked up the aluminum and moved it, and it settled under the boulder . . . . right place, wrong metal! :P
 
Was in the Aluminum industry for 27 years, ... it does resemble melted aluminum.

No attraction to a magnet?
 
Ya wouldn't even know the magnet was there . . . . I think we're on the right track. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom