MD vs Dog

Hounddog

Mar 23, 2005
I don't get out as much as I would like with the md and I dig about 30 to 1 nails to coins in the back yard. Today was the first silver find ever for me and in the yard a 1918 Mercury. I was very happy then dug 10 more nails. I figured on checking the holes the hound dug and found the old Worcestershire sauce topper. The dog is always digging in this area broke glass keeps showing up I put a fence post in near the area and found chard wood and broke glass. I live in a small city the house built in 1912 used to have a barn at one time and the glass area is behind where the barn was. Any of you think a bottle dig would be worth the time the yard is already a mess and needs to be seeded? A Dr built the house so there may be some med bottles in there but none found by the dog yet ;)

Attachments

• dime toper.JPG
    dime toper.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 341
  • dime toper 2.JPG
    dime toper 2.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
Who is better at finding goodies , houndog or hound dog ? Those glass stoppers are a good find . Used to be used more than corks ! I think all medicine bottles used glass stoppers . Have found a lot of them at my bottle hunting spot . When i say a lot it is about one stopper to about 20 [ cork bottles ] .bottles . WILL DETECT FOR FOOD.............CALL BR.....549 ;D

hi , Hounddog
? Sounds like a old burn pile your talking about ?where your dog digs and the chard wood and broken glass are. You may find more old bottles if you dig ?I remember when I was a little kid they had bottles around the burn pile and at the dump so if you find either you just might find some bottle worth some money. Well if I were you I would wait till it gets cool then dig. But yeah give it a try! you just might find teh bottle to the topper you found!
?H.H
?Gigi ;D

Nice finds!!! You need to dig! :D Then post those great finds!!

;)

Nice dime! My aunt has some of the L&P bottles on a windowsill...the color is pretty when the sun shines through. I hope you find the bottle :)

Congrats on the silver. Now your on your way to finding more.

Good Luck Jer

Keep digging and finding the silver! You should always make sure the dog is around for competition, it is a great motivator ;)

-Mike

Nice find!! The charred wood might be from later, and just coincidence. Or after filling in where the out house was, decided to use it as a trash burning pit. Might be worth taking a rod and poking around for any softer than normal spots in the soil. Never know, could be a gold mine in old bottles. HH

Perhaps its the remnants of something like this:
07/14/2004 09:57 PM ID: 41049
Outhouse Blows Up, Injuring Man
In Blacksville, West Virginia, a man is recovering after an outhouse he was occupying exploded yesterday.
The man was burned after lighting a cigarette, and causing the built-up methane gas inside the outhouse to explode. According to a spokeswoman for Monongalia Emergency Medical Services, the man wasn't seriously hurt, and drove himself to the clinic.
Good Hunting! --omnicognic 8)

Don't let that dog get too good at it. Mine dug up my coin garden and ran away, that thieving little......sigh....I miss him! JIM

Nice finds!

I'd surely be doing a bottle dig there, must have been a dump site for the old house, and or an old out house sitting there, and since the yard is screwed up anyway, why not!?

Hell, my yard's not messed up, and I'm still going to do a bottle dig this fall because I know where 2 areas are where out houses sat in what is now the backyard!

Good luck, and HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back