What's new

MDing on beaches in Charleston area.

techoverload

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charleston, sc
MD'ing on beaches in Charleston area.

Anyone know the laws about doing it? I know stay off dunes but what else. Is the beach free game? I found an area last week that at max low tide looks really interesting.
 
Re: MD'ing on beaches in Charleston area.

I hunt Folly a good bit. Never had any problems. My son has been to the Isle of Palms and no problems there either. GL and HH.
 
Re: MD'ing on beaches in Charleston area.

I used to live on the IOP. I searched the beach between 24th & 34th ave. No one ever said anything, but the girls in bikinis will giggle at you because you were metal detecting. :tard:
 
Re: MD'ing on beaches in Charleston area.

findstuf said:
I used to live on the IOP. I searched the beach between 24th & 34th ave. No one ever said anything, but the girls in bikinis will giggle at you because you were metal detecting. :tard:

LOL, I bet they wont be giggling when I find that $10k diamond ring.

I think I might wait till cold weather again to hit up beaches. Just too many people out there right now. UNLESS.... I get another boat. I know some places that might be killer but you can only get there by boat.

OH speaking of boat. I'm getting ready to build me a small skiff, about 14 foot. I'm looking for a trailer< something very cheap or free, doesnt have to be in great shape just in one piece. And also a outboard motor 20hp or less< again something cheap or free. doesnt have to run as long as the motor isnt a complete loss.

Derek
 
Re: MD'ing on beaches in Charleston area.

good luck with the boat. a trailer should be easy to find, but a free motor might be tough to come by. Be careful with used motors and titles, DNR can be tough to deal with if all the paperwork does not meet their standards.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom