- Joined
- Jan 9, 2007
- Messages
- 14,115
- Reaction score
- 4,541
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
67 & 68 were my favorite years for Comets. I like the 63 pretty well too.I bought a brand new 1967 Mercury comet.
) AND TOLD the guy with me we should check my lug nuts as they some times loosen up on new wheels. We got out and started turning the lug nuts in with our fingers LOL My friend almost passed out LOL,. It really is scary to think back about some of the stupid and dangerous things we did back when we were much younger
) tires. It's only a 6-cylinder but I'n not planning on racing anyone anytime soon. LOL.Amen to that one.It really is scary to think back about some of the stupid and dangerous things we did back when we were much younger
Amen x 2.Amen to that one.![]()
THAT Sir is a FANTASTIC IDEA NEXT TIMEAmen x 2.
I remember when I was 17 or 18, I was going to replace the upper radiator hose on my 73' Cutlass. I started taking the hose clamp off and the hose popped off and sprayed my bare chest with hot water and coolant. My skin instantly bubbled up. Thank God my friends mom was there. She ran in and got some Vit E pills cut them open and had me rub the liquid on the burns. Amazingly, it took away the pain and I have no scars.
Word to self.... "Next time loosen the radiator cap first to relieve the pressure."
-MM-

I love Cougars. I remember the 67’s hitting the showroom. I remember my uncle burning the tires in a 68 with the 428. Amazing!Nice car MM! I thought I'd be looking at a very nice dug mercury dime when I opened this thread.
If you like cougars, you'd like my garage!