Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi all. Normally I would not have made a post with those finds in the video, but I wanted to share our first snow of the year plus Gary ( Whadifind ) accused me of getting " too big for my britches " lol with my last post. The flat button says " Stand. Treble Gilt Colour ". I believe a button like this is where our buddy Treblehunter got his name! I didn't measure or weigh the old round ball even though it was probably dropped. All the rocks in the field has it dinged up a bit. I am not too sure about the ornate piece. Looks to be pot metal of some sort and I believe it is fairly modern even though the field it came from dates to very late 1700's.
Hopefully I will have something worthy of a post next time!

Upvote 10
We also had snow in NY, cars at church had an 1 inch or so on them. I got caught in a snow squall while detecting in the high country this morning.

george

cool vid OD. Me and Deadsy went out to Mountain Springs lake today and its was seriously snowing i couldnt believe it. we left and there was a coating on the ground! Hopefully before the freeze we could all get together and hit up some good fields!

Hi all. Normally I would not have made a post with those finds in the video, but I wanted to share our first snow of the year plus Gary ( Whadifind ) accused me of getting " too big for my britches " lol with my last post.

Hopefully I will have something worthy of a post next time!

Aw heck no! You aren't getting even a lil bit uppity! All you do is create a video production, (your first?), complete with your very own music and accompaniment!! You still call your finds not really worthy of posting. And you even use foul language in your subject line! :nono: Naw, you ain't getting uppity a'tall!!!!

AND...I've had absolutely NOTHING to do with the size of your britches! ;)

Nice finds and video.

Nice old round ball and button, nice video too, good for you for getting out

Nice hunt,, it may be getting cold and the white stuff is coming, but this still beats work. Enjoy it while you can.

Could you post a picture of the snow flake?8-)

Sure that isn't fallout? Nice to see you getting more posts up. Means your getting out. I got out for an hour before having to head home.

We also had snow in NY, cars at church had an 1 inch or so on them. I got caught in a snow squall while detecting in the high country this morning.

george
We escaped with just scattered flurries. I saw some states got 9"!
cool vid OD. Me and Deadsy went out to Mountain Springs lake today and its was seriously snowing i couldnt believe it. we left and there was a coating on the ground! Hopefully before the freeze we could all get together and hit up some good fields!
The old lady and I kayaked on Mountain Springs Lake a few years ago. I wish it wasn't off limits to detecting. Pa really needs to open up state game lands to metal detecting. I would be willing to pay a yearly users' fee to have access.
Nice finds & video OD!! Keep that snow up there. We had our first frost yesterday morning. HH, Q.
My sister said they had their first frost of the season too Mr. Q. The cold helps harden the cow patties so Dman doesn't get his boots dirty lol. Looking forward to your hunts!
Aw heck no! You aren't getting even a lil bit uppity! All you do is create a video production, (your first?), complete with your very own music and accompaniment!! You still call your finds not really worthy of posting. And you even use foul language in your subject line! :nono: Naw, you ain't getting uppity a'tall!!!!

AND...I've had absolutely NOTHING to do with the size of your britches! ;)
I did do some video preps Gary. I had to do something with my time since I wasn't making any " worthy " finds lol. I got bored making Vino pics lol. Speaking of those, I may have one or two more I haven't shared...hmmm...
Nice finds and video.
Thanks RJ
Nice old round ball and button, nice video too, good for you for getting out
I just can't pass up the chance of getting another old bullet. I don't know why I like finding them so much?
Nice hunt,, it may be getting cold and the white stuff is coming, but this still beats work. Enjoy it while you can.
Chris and I told a lady just last week that this is our hobby and spend lots of time trying to get permissions. She seemed dumbfounded when we told her we travel from Philly all the way to the northeastern Pa/NY border.
Could you post a picture of the snow flake?8-)

Sorry, PJ. I know you don't do videos lol. You aren't missing anything, trust me!

You sound young for being an old dude.
I'm not really old yet, LD. Just older than many that knew me in my younger days ever thought I'd make it to lol.
Sure that isn't fallout? Nice to see you getting more posts up. Means your getting out. I got out for an hour before having to head home.
Will, I have seen snow flurries there because of the steam when it wasn't snowing anywhere else around lol. I had to get out somewhere. I missed an invitation from Scrappy for yesterday because of the crappy cell signal at my house.
Nah, he's old trust me lol!!!!
You still laughing because of that old lady thinking you were my son? Lol.
Jk buddy

Oops, I posted my response inside your quote Chris, lol.

Well done OD. Oh yeah, keep the snow up that way, please.

Your right Dave, "Treble gilt Stand b calour" Found in a corn field in Greenwich NJ. It is what hooked me in this hobby. I'm glad you have been finding stuff. All that "stuff" are cool finds to me. Good luck in your en devours!

Dave you hunt the exact same sites as I do here in Ontario! :thumbsup:
I assume that was you on the guitar, very nice my friend.

I find that it's not always what we find when we detect, but that it's more of the sense of calm we get on sites like this...
or maybe that's just me! :laughing7:

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back