What's new

Medal ... Fob ???

GoingDown

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
356
Reaction score
108
Golden Thread
0
Location
King William III Copper (1695-1703) Mid-Hudson Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • fob.webp
    fob.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 699
Here, I made it a little bigger and inverted the colors.

Still be nice to have a little better pics and maybe the text of what it says. I think it could be IDed pretty quickly then.
 

Attachments

  • indexCA0XB0NZ.webp
    indexCA0XB0NZ.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
GoingDown said:
the words are...on the top "KNNA"
and on both sides..... "bnta"
Are you sure? It looks like an "a" second letter.
 
Upvote 0
It may be firefighter related. It has the general shape. I wish I could see the figure in the center.
 

Attachments

  • firefighter.gif
    firefighter.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 894
Upvote 0
My first impression was that it has an eastern influence, like the rest of you. The side marks are, we agree the same. I however read 'utna' and after a google image search found out that that translates as 'camel', oh well, nothing ventured.... Drache, the 'Kanna' translation helps.

Are there any Hare Krishnas on this forum, that could help us?
 
Upvote 0
I think the top word Kanna is greek letters "Kappa Alpha Pi Pi Alpha"

The bnta is "Beta Eta Tau Alpha"

So most likely it is a fraternity....haven't found it yet though.

Match the letters at this site. http://www.pathguy.com/alphabet.htm
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
I think the top word Kanna is greek letters "Kappa Alpha Pi Pi Alpha"

The bnta is "Beta Eta Tau Alpha"

So most likely it is a fraternity....haven't found it yet though.

Match the letters at this site. http://www.pathguy.com/alphabet.htm

I used to read and write greek in my cryptography course as a code! Now why didn't I see that!

By the way, Καππα is read as "Kappa", Bητα is "Beta"....

So is the fob a "Beta Kappa Beta", "Kappa Beta Beta", or ?
 
Upvote 0
Good work.... the answer can't be too far away :thumbsup:

To further confuse (or assist) the issue, there is also the symbol for Delta in the upturned triangle ;D

Mike

Edit : Not sure about the 'Delta' now :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom