What's new

Medal or something????

pennyfarmer

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
632
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Haven, UT
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a local park and it was fairly deep. I would suspect that it might be 40+ years old. The park is so trashy that I did several pull tabs out of each hole I decide to dig. This hole was no exception.
 

Attachments

  • medal.webp
    medal.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 267
It appears to be an angel stepping on someones head. Like this painting.
 

Attachments

  • stmichael-stompsatan.webp
    stmichael-stompsatan.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0
I think you're right. Saint Michael the archangel defeating the demon.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Since it is black, it might be sterling. Look for a mark. If you want to test it, take a piece of aluminum foil, spit on it to get it all wet, sprinkle a tiny amount of salt, mix it all around, and fold the foil very tightly over the piece. If it is silver, it will smell like sulphur and may even get hot. It will do a good job of cleaning it.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Guardian angel pendant. St. Michael, an Archangel, defeating the Beast. I found one of these a couple weeks ago...mine is brass, marked Italy. Yours appears silver or silver plate, nice find. Niffler
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom