buckeyehunter Sr. Member Joined Jan 29, 2005 Messages 380 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Location Lancaster, Ohio Detector(s) used e-trac Sep 1, 2009 #1 Anyone know what this medal is from? Attachments DSC08089.webp 30.9 KB · Views: 210
oldfireguy Full Member Joined Feb 28, 2009 Messages 166 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Puyallup, Wash. Detector(s) used White's MXT, 5900 & Eagle II Sep 1, 2009 #2 Is there anything on the back? Photo is a bit dark on the bottom but is there a hanger on the bottom? Upvote 0
Is there anything on the back? Photo is a bit dark on the bottom but is there a hanger on the bottom?
buckeyehunter Sr. Member Joined Jan 29, 2005 Messages 380 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Location Lancaster, Ohio Detector(s) used e-trac Sep 1, 2009 Thread Owner #3 there is nothing on the back that I see and it does look like there was something else supposed to hang off the bottom Upvote 0
there is nothing on the back that I see and it does look like there was something else supposed to hang off the bottom
A ayoung Greenie Joined Aug 31, 2009 Messages 17 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Sep 1, 2009 #4 i don't kown where the medal is from but it is pretty cool looking Upvote 0
buckeyehunter Sr. Member Joined Jan 29, 2005 Messages 380 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Location Lancaster, Ohio Detector(s) used e-trac Sep 2, 2009 Thread Owner #5 here is another picture, any help appreciated Attachments DSC08085.webp 15.2 KB · Views: 177 Upvote 0
Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Sep 2, 2009 #6 It dosen't look like a medal to me. It could just be decorative. jmo Upvote 0
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Sep 2, 2009 #7 4-H said: It dosen't look like a medal to me. It could just be decorative. jmo Click to expand... I agree with 4-H. I think it is a piece of jewelry. It has that "late Victorian" look. I would guess very early 1900's. Did you notice the right side of the heart-shaped part is a fish? Cool piece! DCMatt Upvote 0
4-H said: It dosen't look like a medal to me. It could just be decorative. jmo Click to expand... I agree with 4-H. I think it is a piece of jewelry. It has that "late Victorian" look. I would guess very early 1900's. Did you notice the right side of the heart-shaped part is a fish? Cool piece! DCMatt
mojjax Silver Member Joined Feb 27, 2005 Messages 4,564 Reaction score 4,092 Golden Thread 0 Location MAINE Detector(s) used Ace 250 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 2, 2009 #8 I'm thinking it's part of a fancy watch fob vest chain . Upvote 0