What's new

medallion? coin? HELP!!!

RelicHunter97

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
700
Reaction score
297
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was found between western and central mass where other old stuff came out. there appears to be a grid-like pattern of boxes with ivy, leaves, and flowers. on the other side there is what appears to be 3 flowers with stems. came up 30-38 vdi on a whites spectrum.

thanks

RH97
 

Attachments

  • whatzit 3.webp
    whatzit 3.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 248
Looks like a bird hovering over some vines on a trellis.
 
Upvote 0
Do some electrolysis on it, which will dissolve some of the trash on it. You'll get a better idea of what you have. - Noodle
 
Upvote 0
Noodle said:
Do some electrolysis on it, which will dissolve some of the trash on it. You'll get a better idea of what you have. - Noodle

its not what is on it, its what is not on it. it is somewhat corroded and worn..
besides, where do you even get an electrolysis bath?
 
Upvote 0
<smile> You make it yourself. I found a 3x4 copper plaque on a civil war site that I just could not make out the design on it. I did some research (here on this site) on how to clean it up. After 5-8 baths in electrolysis (based on recipes from this site), I could make out distinctively what the design was.

I'd give you a recipe here, but I might be wrong for your type of metal. Do a search on this site for "electrolysis," and you'll get plenty of hints. Basically, it is salted water, clips, wooden spoon (maybe), and some low current. Good luck!

- Noodle
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom