What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Medallion?

smr1000

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2023
Messages
56
Reaction score
190
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
nokta legend
Hi all. Found this today. Have spent hours trying to read the few visible letters and have tried google lens. Really curious. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1510.webp
    IMG_1510.webp
    135.2 KB · Views: 113
Thanks for looking. Nickel for size comparison. I think that it's a pin. Here's the back.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1524.webp
    IMG_1524.webp
    245.1 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0
I'm leaning towards a cufflink, based on the size and the solder mark on the back. I'll see if I can find a picture of one with a man's bust on it.

Trying to figure out if the person depicted is a generic representation or someone real. At first I though it was George Washington, due to the nose and chin, but I can't decide if I see a ponytail or not.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like the devil from the Underwood Deviled Ham company to me. I believe Zig Zag used something similar also. Is the last word “papers”?
 
Upvote 1
A clue?? These old eyes see what a coin collector would call a 'head laureate'; figuratively someone crowned with a laurel wreath; a person who has been honored for great achievement--like a Nobel Prize winner.
Don in SoCal
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom