What's new

medio-balboa link?

myprecious

Full Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
Anyone have a definitive link or info on these...trying to find out which dates contain silver.

???
I keep running into them half dollar searching.

thx.
 
Upvote 0
I assume anything lower than 1966 with what I just found...

"In 1966, Panama followed the U.S. in changing the composition of their silver coins, with cupro-nickel-clad-copper"
 
Thanks Ag. :icon_thumleft:

I will release them all back into the wild then.

Look for them. :laughing7:
 
I have yet to find one. They are pegged to the US dollar so they are worth 50 cents.... Wouldnt mind getting one for my collection though. What part of the country are you in?
 
i'll be darned - i just found a 1966 Medio...rings like silver.

Anyone confirm that they went cupro in 1967?
 
myprecious said:
i'll be darned - i just found a 1966 Medio...rings like silver.

Anyone confirm that they went cupro in 1967?

I don't have a link to a page but I found a 67 a while ago and it appears to be .400. When I looked it up last time it was my understanding that they have the same specs as our halves so a 69 should be .400 too.

HH,
65GT350
 
Ah, 1973 halfs went to cupro-nickel. Sorry to give you the wrong info. Good find on the 66!
 
i actually just found another '66 - that's 2 silver Panama for today.
8x 64 %
21x 40%

Ag, if you'd like one these cupro or silver Medios PM me your address.
They are neat looking foreign.

Thx all for the info.
 
I don't have the link. But I have a world coin book in hand.

Medio Balboa started from 1930 on and off.

.900 silver

1930
1932
1933
1934
1947
1953(50th independence)
1961
1962
and a very few proofs in 1930(20pieces), 1953(5), and 1962(25)

.400 silver clad
1966
1966proof
1967
1967proof
1968
1968proof
1969proof
1970
1970proof
1971proof
1972proof
1993proof (illegal copy not authorized by panama , $450 per piece)

copper nickel clad

73,75,79,80,82,83,84,85,86,93,96, and so on.

The proof version is very beautiful.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom