What's new

Melted Brass and Iron??

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
57
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
A long shot here.. I dug this two weeks ago... it is brass and iron melted together. The brass is interesting.. It looks like something?? I am thinking about dropping it in my electrolysis tank for a while... see what happens.

anyone want to take a guess??
 

Attachments

  • DSCN4807.webp
    DSCN4807.webp
    187.2 KB · Views: 420
  • DSCN4808.webp
    DSCN4808.webp
    86 KB · Views: 362
  • DSCN4809.webp
    DSCN4809.webp
    106.3 KB · Views: 359
looks like there may have been a hook in it from the first picture. Definately looks like something melted to the piece. I have been finding a lot of melted pieces of metal on CW sites but they are not lead.
 
Upvote 0
My guess is maybe a sword guard.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
My guess is maybe a sword guard.

See!! That is what I wanted to hear!! That is the first thing I thought off.. but when you dig it... of course that is what you want it to be!! ;-)

Thanks,
MB
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
My guess is maybe a sword guard.

DirtyMike I like your guess!! ;-) I have not had the time to setup my tank.. holidays and all.. but this is the first thing going in!!

MB
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom