What's new

Memorial Day Weekend

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,421
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God bless all of you this Memorial Day Weekend. To those of you who have served our Country in times of War and Peace - Thank You. To the families of those that gave all, Thank You. - Terry, US Army 1973-1976

THE FINAL INSPECTION

The Soldier stood and faced God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
Just as brightly as his brass.

Step forward now Soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
No, Lord, I guess I have not.
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint
I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime,
When the bills got just too steep.
And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear..
And sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears
If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the Soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

Step forward now, you Soldier,
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell.

Author Unknown
 
Hello Terry, that is a very good poem. I enjoyed it very much.

And Thank you for the Service you put in for our Great Country. :hello2:

Ray
 

Attachments

  • image.gif
    image.gif
    41 KB · Views: 101
  • image.gif
    image.gif
    41 KB · Views: 99
Ditto!
And words pale, the sentiments.
Thank you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom