Men's rings

thriftingeyes

Sep 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning at the flea market. 20171028_145313.jpg 20171028_145324.jpg 20171028_145403.jpg

Last edited:

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I've never found is a gold men's ring at flea market. Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kinda price did you pay for them? Did the sellers know they were gold? Cool!

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not saying this to be negative, but I would test those rings. They look suspect to me and the 14K mark is very clearly shown and looks the same on both. I don't see how the seller could miss that mark.

If I was forced to bet money, I would bet they are fake. If they are fake, don't worry about it. Everyone here has bought fake items. I picked up an fake 18K and 14K ring in the last month.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's with the "keep ur negative comments...." Quite odd.

OP
OP
T

thriftingeyes

Sep 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kinda price did you pay for them? Did the sellers know they were gold? Cool!

I have bought 585/14k from this vendor and other vendors at this venue. I have bought necklaces and earrings. The flea market i go to the majority of the vendors get their merchandise from storage auctions and the lighting is dimmed so sometimes they are unable to see markings.

One of his customers wanted to buy them off me when he saw me with them. I paid more than i normally would have because the vendor observed this customer's behavior. He kept on saying that he knew they were real and was very upset I found them.

There is another lady I see at a thrift store I frequent and she said she was positive from the weight there were definitely gold when i asked her to make a determination today. She is older than me and has had more experience with jewelry so i trust her judgement because she has told me when she has her doubts.

So I have had two "experts" who believe they are real.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thriftingeyes

Sep 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not saying this to be negative, but I would test those rings. They look suspect to me and the 14K mark is very clearly shown and looks the same on both. I don't see how the seller could miss that mark.

If I was forced to bet money, I would bet they are fake. If they are fake, don't worry about it. Everyone here has bought fake items. I picked up an fake 18K and 14K ring in the last month.
The reason how "the seller missed these marks" is because the lighting is very poor at this establishment. I have bought a lot of jewelry there for a few dollars.

I take it as a blessing.

That is the reason I post on here, " Keep your negative comments to yourself," but I will remove it, but that is how I feel. I don't want any trouble. I learn a lot from some of you.

People tend not to believe me, but if people knew the amount of money in my bank account, then they would believe me.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure looks like Italy Gold to me, hope for your sake it is not.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would the "poor lighting" be for the buyer?.......I'm only saying.........

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings. Hope they are real. Identical placement on those marks are kind of suspect though. Pawn shop would give you the lowdown as to authenticity.

OP
OP
T

thriftingeyes

Sep 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings. Hope they are real. Identical placement on those marks are kind of suspect though. Pawn shop would give you the lowdown as to authenticity.
The marks are not placed identical. I flipped one of the rings over, so I did not have to take so many pictures.

OP
OP
T

thriftingeyes

Sep 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would the "poor lighting" be for the buyer?.......I'm only saying.........

It is very dark in this indoor flea market. One of the vendors was whining to me last week how a customer bragged to her over the summer how she sold them a 18k diamond bracelet for $1. The same vendor complained how she had some earrings on her $1 table for two weeks and then she realized they we're gold; she transferred them to the locked section of her stall and within the day someone bought them for $100.

Again, i think i am done with this board temporarily. Instead of trying to be nice to me and trying to find out where this venue is I am being harassed as if i committed a crime or lying and i am offended.

Thank you for offending me!

Dang! What did I do to some of you?

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
The last time I saw one of your posts you started with similar remarks. You obviously think anyone that offers their honest opinion based on pictures are being intentionally offensive. I'd suggest you only post pictures of items that have been properly tested.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody is harassing you or trying to offend you. If you regularly read through this board, you will be hard pressed to find someone just being out right rude. Most are just offering their honest opinion.

Invest in a gold test kit, if you haven't already. Acid kits are cheap, and relatively easy to use.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow
I see no indication of harassment or anything remotely offensive. IMO
keep in mind, this is a FORUM for open discussions and opinions, isn't that why many post here?
great well informed folks here

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now always remember this sage advice: if it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t.

It would behoove you to understand that the more critical a forum comment is on our finds, the BIGGER the favor and service they are doing you.

What if you were counting on the melt value of that gold to pay a bill for you, and it turned out to be plated gold only. You seem to want to see this as a negative thing, but in reality, they are doing you a huge service!! Nothing we say will change the metallic content of your find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread