What's new

Menter Clothing Token

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
1,044
Reaction score
4,257
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had an average day, for me anyway with about 2 bucks in clad, a Chucky Cheese Token and this other token from The Menter Clothing Store. Research is all over the place from 1913 to 1953 when the stores apparently closed.
Some of these have the city address on them but this one does not.
Larger than a 1/2 dollar.
Any info on how to date these?
I think the patina is awesome on this one.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469409313.742417.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469409346.958920.webp
 
Upvote 16
Yep, that one is in pretty good shape.
Found the same token in Brooklyn last year.
No way to put an exact date on them.
Congrats
 
Very cool token recovery, congratulations!
 
Nice token. I also don't know what date you can relate it with.
 
Here's a pretty comprehensive article on Menter: The Menter Token Story
John in the Great 208
GREAT link idahotokens. Thank you very much. That makes this token much more valuable to me. When I was collecting old bottles, especially milks, I would love to research the old dairies that the bottles came from that I found that were local dairies. These dairies have long since vanished but having a story keeps them very much alive like this token.
I found this in a school yard and now I wonder if it was lost by a student who got a woopin for losing it LOL (hope not because I can see me doing that as a kid also)
 
Great find nice for a display case Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom