Greenie
Mar 1, 2014
Utah
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit I had not clue what a watch fob was until I pulled this out of the frozen ground. A little bit of internet research went a long way. Can anyone tell me how to clean this thing up or is it like coins that lose value if you clean them? It is very dark and has some residual organics that did not wash off. Any market for these things?

DSCN2386.JPGDSCN2387.JPG

Upvote 5
pretty cool fob and in great shape too

Love the fobs....rub gently with toothpick

Very nice find. I found my first fob a month or so ago. Congrats. GL&HH.

I found one of these in Louisiana years ago... I ended up giving it to a guy who worked with one of the machines who knew what it was....

Cool fob, I love finding old fobs!! Congrats!!

That fob looks Great, why would you clean it anymore then it is? Looks great just like it is...

I invested in an inexpensive ultrasonic cleaner - only about 30 bucks. It gets ALL the dirt out. Will not damage the patina or the metal.
It will not remove mineralization if they are tough, but it will take out every speck of the dirt that's hard to remove.
Really nice fob! WTG. HH

Congrats on such a cool Fob! After 4 years of detecting, I have not found one yet!

Neat find congratulations! I have yet to find one. Something els on my bucket list! Thanks for the share.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back