What's new

Met the competition today...

placerman

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Went to make a dump at one of the branches of my dump bank and saw a man carrying 4 boxes of halves out to his truck.

I just sat there and watched him for a few minutes as he methodically made 7 more trips inside and each time brought four more boxes out to his truck.

After he drove off I walked in to drop off my single bag of halves and the teller took one look at me and started laughing.

Long story short this guy purchased 40 boxes of halves. He must have already made a few trips out to the truck when I first saw him.

The tellers say he has done this every week for the past 12 years at least.

A quick tally tells me this guy has probably gone through almost 12.5 million dollars in halves in 12 years. I dont even want to imagine how much silver he has found in that time.

Apparently this guy picks up and drops off at the same branch and has no problems.

He is old, retired and has too much money in that bank for them to want to argue with him apparently.
 
Upvote 0
I do a box in 15 minutes and bag dump so it averages about 20 minutes a box adding the time it takes to carry in the bags. He must have the same deal for that quantity so at most 20 hours a week if he is slow.

Maine_Jim
 
For me, it takes an hour to do a box because I re-roll them using the orginal wrapper and have them sealed back to the way they were. It's a lot of work but makes dumping really easy. So for 40 boxes, that's a full time job. Guess, it's ok if you're retired.
 
where there is one guy like this there is more. Wow.

Golden Silver
 
man, and I thought I was heavy into the roll hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom