What's new

Metal Detecting and Geocaching

relicminer

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2010
Messages
428
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I also do some geocaching.. and have decided to promote mding when I find a cache,,, local mding cards, coins found while mding, lots of other stuff... please chime in with ideas for promoting MDing while geocaching... :hello2:
 
See if a local dealer will give you discount coupons for a detector or accessories. You could also put old copies of treasure hunting magazines. Bury a nice coin that place a map to the location in the geocache box so the person would have to go with a detector to find the coin.

Hope that helps.

NJ
 
I have found two geocaches by accident while metal detecting. I left two wheats in one. Never tried to actually find a geocache the normal way.
 
I'm assuming alot of MDers have gps units... If you haven't tried it give it a whirl, I do a lot after dark and it doen't interfere with MDing time... any cache is awesome, wheither found with a MD or a gps... (MDing Rules though)
 

Attachments

  • images (9).webp
    images (9).webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 703
I always wanted to leave a disposable camera in one and have all the finders take a picture and put it back in. I think it would be neat to see the people.
 
jdean, thats a good idea, I may use that one.
 
Gotta be honest, the last thing I would want to do is promote metal detecting and increase the competition. I hate those White commercials, I in vision someone buying a detector and grabbing a shovel and heading out for a local park to dig some holes thinking their going to find a gold coin and in the process getting the park closed off.

Geocaching on the other hand is fun and the more that do it the better it is.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom