What's new

Metal detecting Apps

kc10bull

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
690
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Just wondering if anyone is using any apps from their phones to record their finds?
 
Upvote 0
Sounds like something that would slow me down from finding more good targets.
 
Your right Jason, I started doing that last year but only for about two weeks. It really put a wrench in the pace and gridding so I stopped. I think it is a great idea, but just not for me in the field.
 
I think an app in the field would be tough. I do have a custom google map I created for the area I live in. When I hunt a place, I add a pin to the map and add:
- Date
- Color Code: Green, Yellow, Red
- Summary of what I found and time spent

If you do this, make sure you set the map to private or everyone will be able to see it.
 
Since I wear gloves, I always have to take at least one off to answer a call, so the app, if I were to even consider using it, would have to be voice activated.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom