Metal Detecting Aruba Gold Ruins

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leaving for Aruba next week. Aruba is the home of gold ore fields and a ruins of an early 1800rds mill and smelting operation in the north central area of the island. Has anyone attempted to detect any of these or know if it's legal. You can rent vehicles to get to them without having to do the tour thing and it's not that far from the South West Coast where we're staying. Going to be doing the beach thing but I understand most of the resorts power rake daily. My equipment doesn't do salt water too well so I'll probably be in the dry sand most of the time, might be slim pickins. Any pointers would be welcomed.

Upvote 0

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Go to the caves. Check out all the rock stacking there. A lot of abandoned bldgs and foundations. Be dam sure to take an adapter for your charger or a lot of batteries. My advice is to book a fishing trip the first day and you will have fish to eat all week. Very good fish. Good Luck,,,,

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chances are that if it historical enough for tours going there, that metal detecting will be forbidden. I hope someone chimes in that knows for sure. Let us know what luck you have!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions