Metal Detecting "Colonial Grist Mill"Time Searchers

colonial relic hunter

Nov 26, 2007
Harrison city, Pa
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X3 & X2 and X5. Whites spectrum & silver eagle ll. Garrett ADS 4.
Metal Detecting "Colonial Grist Mill"Time Searchers

This video was taken at an Old Grist Mill site from the early 1760's. Their actually was 2 mills at this site and an old fort site not too far from the Grist Mills.

On this trip the Time Searchers bring their good friend Prof. Steve Dodin along on this trip. Steve was featured in the Old Colonial Church Site.

On this part one of two parts Bill "The Colonial Relic Hunter" Leydic finds a beautiful 1770's pewter button.

Then half hour later Prof. Steve Dodin digs up a lovely early 1720s-1730's king George Copper. Steve was really shocked about his find because he had never found one in all his 18 years of detecting!

Bill hears Rodger "Time Searcher" Blissman up on the hill just playing with the signal he just received and Bill yells up Rodger quit play with the damn thing and dig it!
Well Rodger digs it and calls Bill over to see what he had found. Bill could not believe his eyes when Rodger shows him his British Copper he just found. This too was a early 1720's-1730's King George Copper.

Remember these finds are still out there to be found. We found these in early march of this year. Good luck!

Each episode chronicles the search for evidence of our past history. And this is our way of documenting and preserving the past for the future generations. If we do nothing! Then it all rusts away! And then we lost it forever! Now That Would Be A Shame!

TimeSearchers.net

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Metal Detecting "Colonial Grist Mill"Time Searchers

Loved the video, you two! :thumbsup: Fantastic finds!

Nana :)

flylaps

Nov 26, 2007
western PA
Detector(s) used
whites MXT, Explorer XS

Great Video!!!!
That's awesome finding those colonial coppers here in western PA!!

Matt

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac

I grew up in New Castle... what part of Western PA are you guys in? I now live in Connecticut but get back down that way to visit family once or twice a year...

OP
OP
colonial relic hunter

colonial relic hunter

Nov 26, 2007
Harrison city, Pa
Detector(s) used

Thank you very much for watching! It's people like you all that keeps us posting them. We do have a lot of fun when we are out there too like you see in our videos. We are just being ourself. Thanks again. Bill(pa)

Nana40 said:
Loved the video, you two! :thumbsup: Fantastic finds!

Nana :)

OP
OP
colonial relic hunter

colonial relic hunter

Nov 26, 2007
Harrison city, Pa
Detector(s) used

Matt they are out there we just have to research more and hard to find these hard to find and hard to get to sites. Thanks for your support Matt and maybe we all here can get together sometime and do so hunting. Bill(pa)

flylaps said:
Great Video!!!!
That's awesome finding those colonial coppers here in western PA!!

Matt

OP
OP
colonial relic hunter

colonial relic hunter

Nov 26, 2007
Harrison city, Pa
Detector(s) used

So you are living Groton, ct? Yeah I know this are somewhat. My mother lived there for about 3 years or so and I live up in Dover, NH.

New Castle I've hunted up that way some about 10 years ago. Some good spots up there. I am about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours southeast from you there. When you come down email me and we will do some hunting. Thanks for watching! Bill(pa)

FooserPaul said:
I grew up in New Castle... what part of Western PA are you guys in? I now live in Connecticut but get back down that way to visit family once or twice a year...

OP
OP
colonial relic hunter

colonial relic hunter

Nov 26, 2007
Harrison city, Pa
Detector(s) used

Thank you so let's get Cracking!! Haha! Thanks for watching! Bill(pa)

Mr_Mojo_Risin said:
Way to get crackin' ! ;)

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Great video!

Not to be critical, but WHY WOULD YOU RUB A 200 YEAR OLD COIN LIKE THAT??? for someone who has been detecting since 1970 he should know better!

OP
OP
colonial relic hunter

colonial relic hunter

Nov 26, 2007
Harrison city, Pa
Detector(s) used

I think we did not rub it too much but yes rubbing it a lot is not good. On coppers around here are not always in good shape but on silver coins we should not but sometimes we clean it to show on the video but hopefully not often. I have silver coins that look like new. Well almost... Am sure if it's a really nice coin well I hope we will not rub it. Thanks for you watching! Bill(pa)

Neil in West Jersey said:
Great video!

Not to be critical, but WHY WOULD YOU RUB A 200 YEAR OLD COIN LIKE THAT??? for someone who has been detecting since 1970 he should know better!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread