What's new

Metal detecting in Greece

bmontymi

Greenie
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had posted in mid year asking about detecting in Greece. We went to the isle of Crete. On one end of the island a passerby irately yelled at me that I needed a permit, so I quit hunting. On the other end of the island, I had no problems and the owner of a beachfront restaurant wanted to buy my equipment. I found a couple of gold rings and many pre Euro coins.
 
I had posted in mid year asking about detecting in Greece. We went to the isle of Crete. On one end of the island a passerby irately yelled at me that I needed a permit, so I quit hunting. On the other end of the island, I had no problems and the owner of a beachfront restaurant wanted to buy my equipment. I found a couple of gold rings and many pre Euro coins.

Gee, I think I've had persons here in the USA yell at me "you can't do that" or "you need a permit", blah blah blah. So to me, that means very little. Glad you found a spot where no such kill-joy busy-bodies were present. And found some gold rings as well :)
 
I would just inform myself of antiquities laws, at least...and the worse case scenario should someone want to intervene.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom