Metal Detecting in New Braunfels, City park

rennie

Aug 26, 2007
New Braunfels, Tx
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I just got off of the phone with the Landa Park Police and got an officer that is supposedly in the know? He said there was a city ordnance that states you can not disturb the turf in any city parks. He said they could not have a 100 people in the park digging holes, and leaving trip hazards.He gave me the song and dance about the extra work involved, counterfit permits, and most of all the fees that would have to be collected to cover this type of thing. Also there might be artifacts as arrowheads, and pottery. And any money removed would belong to the park. This guy is a work of dumb art, I asked him about a park next to a water tower across town, which I dout that anyone knows about and he said that was off limits. He said there was a city ordnance about it. I will look and see if I can find it and post it>

I asked about a park permit like San Antonio Parks system has, having a letter permitting you to metal detect in certain San Antonio city parks.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I live in Austin, and there's a local club here that tries their best to make a good image for metal detectors. They make contacts with the right people, express there best argument, and where did it get us? "Oh, thanks for reminding me, now we'll put up a county wide bad on metal detectors. Have a nice day".

farking officials have their own place in hell.

Ridge Runner

Greenie
Jan 18, 2008
rennie
Long time ago you didn't have this trouble but I think this comes from people thinking you will find something of value and they won't get it.So the best thing they can do is keep you out.I've found alot of silver coins and so many rings I lost count.Like I said it was another time but the same place.
Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread