Metal Detecting In Roy Utah

Count Boris

Jan 27, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's M6,White's Prizm IV,Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard from a co worker, there were two guys hitting vacant houses for rent in Roy. The sad part is they were using a shovel to dig the yards. I fear they didn't have permission, and probably didn't take care not to cause damage to the property. Hope I'm wrong. These are the type of things that ruin it for the rest of us. Please take the time to do things right. So we may continue to have the right to enjoy our hobby.
Boris

Purrdee

Dec 9, 2008
Davis Co. Utah
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I really hope that is not true...cause just starting out...I hate to think that because of folks like them...my new found hobby may be curtailed...shame...

OP
OP
Count Boris

Count Boris

Jan 27, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's M6,White's Prizm IV,Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purrdee said:
I really hope that is not true...cause just starting out...I hate to think that because of folks like them...my new found hobby may be curtailed...shame...
I hope our hobby will continue to give us hours of fun and exercise. Along with some great finds. Also wish you allot of luck in your future hunts.
Boris

skispeed69

Apr 2, 2007
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be crazy. There is no way I'd detect anything without permission. The only time I use a shovel is on plowed fields. If I see something like that I will stop and say something for sure.

Ski...

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, Whites XLT
I hope that they are not doing that as well but the opposite could be true.
I am in with a property management co. and have permission to detect any renovated, non occupied homes.
Of course I dont leave a mess.

I was pulled over by the police once and showed them my permission letter, see ya!

Another time a backyard neighbor came out and threatened to call the police, I told him go ahead, I have permission...he said yeah RIGHT!!
Cop shows up, I make a call, Cop leaves, I continue what I was doing...
The prick couldnt even come back out and apologize.
Bet it killed him when the Cop and his handcuffs left empty handed!

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Sorry about that guys... I just figured a 64 dime was worth getting a trespassing ticket for. haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread