Metal Detecting is Dead...

InkingHubris

Feb 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just play along...

Let's assume that the "Future Unified Control Killjoy" Government has placed a world-wide limit on all Metal Detecting. They come to your homes and confiscate all of your metal detectors and leave an address with a card.

When you make it to the address you can see all of your equipment in a cage behind the guy at the desk. You hand him the card and he says you can have one, and only one MD back. Once you have it back you will only ever be allowed to use this one machine, production of new machines is halted and there are no replacements.

Which machine do you choose, why?

Upvote 0

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that's pretty easy rite now I would have to get my XTERRA 705 back as I fill it is one of the most under rated detectors on the market.

But they would have a vary hard time just coming to my place and getting anything as I am heavily armed and would not hesitate to open fire on someone invading my property I live off grid for a reason I do not play well with others LOL.

OP
OP
InkingHubris

InkingHubris

Feb 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great answer! HAHA Yes, I assume they would have a tough time with a lot of us. Which is quite why I chose the agency acronym that I did ;)

Xterra 705, huh? I'm new to the detector game, I'll have to look that one up!

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great answer! HAHA Yes, I assume they would have a tough time with a lot of us. Which is quite why I chose the agency acronym that I did ;)

Xterra 705, huh? I'm new to the detector game, I'll have to look that one up!

its a mine lab machine

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab CTX without a doubt. Best all-around machine out there right now.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One would never work for me. I enjoy saltwater detecting; gold nuggetshooting; park detecting; and history hunts. I suppose I would slip the guy behind the desk a note that read, "Plata, o plomo?" :skullflag:

OP
OP
InkingHubris

InkingHubris

Feb 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
One would never work for me. I enjoy saltwater detecting; gold nuggetshooting; park detecting; and history hunts. I suppose I would slip the guy behind the desk a note that read, "Plata, o plomo?" :skullflag:

They dare to choose lead. :D

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I would let them keep the machines and I would make a big sifter and sift sand at the beach.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One MD? Would have to be a Tesoro DeLeon, the one and only great coin shooter.

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get back my AT Pro... it's the most versatile machine for my neck o' the woods. Besides, the shaft and battery compartment of my old Ace 250 is packed with C-4 and a wireless detonator... "Future Unified Control Killjoy" could keep that in their cage. Just kidding, I'd not ever do something like that.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Assuming the type of hunting that I do most stays the same...... ctx. Although as I get older and that machine begins to feel heavier, I might regret that decision.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions