Metal Detecting Magazine?

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that is a matter of opinion. In the past, I've subscribed to as many as 4 at the same time. At present, I don't take any. The reason is simply These; I find the articles boring. Far to many are rehashes of other publications and/or earlier stories. Some of the writers are really good, but too many don't use good sentence structure and/or the editing isn't any better. While the reviews can be interesting, too many never mention anything negative when we know darn well there is! I could go on, but you get the picture.

I find the net can be somewhat more rewarding. Treasure Net is a very fine example. If someone doesn't like a feature (they're never bugs or poor design issues!), they tend to tell it like it is. Searching for ghost towns on the net, sure beats reading some writer's account who has never been there! This fact came to roost recently, when one Treasure Net poster referred to the a ghost town as nothing more than a dump. The ghost town was written up several years ago in a popular treasure mag, and you would have thought the place was full of gold!

The bottom line? I've spent my last buck on any treasure magazine preferring to support Treasure Net instead. Much more rewarding in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread