Metal detecting rules and regulations for Panama City, Florida

Nothing required, especially not a call to city officials. Just enjoy detecting and be courteous to beach goers. Cover up holes and remove trash you dig up. Good luck and HH!

Last edited:

Last edited:
Do not turn this thread into another permission thread.

Target you can detect the beach, no problem, no need to ask anyone, Fla beaches are owned by the public, just stay off any national seashores.. There are no treasure leases on Panama city beaches to worry about....

Last edited:
Fill in your holes, carry out trash you dig up. You'd be surprised at the number of hunters that throw junk back on the sand not thinking they'll have to dig it up again. When you find something good just slip it away like it was more trash. You don't know who's watching you for a robbery. Wear mirrored sunglasses so gals won't know your staring at them.:laughing7:

I never thought of that!! I'll just swing my detector like I know what I'm doin', all the while checkin' out the bikini babes!! I might not even have it turned on!!8-)
Fill in your holes, carry out trash you dig up. You'd be surprised at the number of hunters that throw junk back on the sand not thinking they'll have to dig it up again. When you find something good just slip it away like it was more trash. You don't know who's watching you for a robbery. Wear mirrored sunglasses so gals won't know your staring at them.:laughing7:

Thank you all! I'm excited to get on the beach! I will post my finds if they are any good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back