ContinentalClint
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Sep 10, 2013
- Messages
- 29
- Reaction score
- 52
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southeast MA
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Garrett Pro Pointer
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
I was walking around a local Massachusetts state park today, and happened to notice that on the Park rules and regulations, it didn't mention anything about metal detecting. It did, however, prohibit hunting and trapping and a few other things. Does that give me the green light to go? Should I try to talk to park rangers and ask if it is acceptable? Does anyone have any experience with state parks, particularly in MA?
Thanks, Clinton
Thanks, Clinton
I'm sure stuff like that got thrown in there, because, admittedly, some state parks might be of a sensitive historic monument nature. While many others, might be run-of-the-mill campgrounds, beaches, etc.... (and not sensitive historic monuments). 






