What's new

METAL DETECTOR BADGE

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's official,, The Treasure Gods determined that it was time for me to recover my own Metal Detecting Badge.
Yesterday, I spent 4 hours searching a lawn that is located directly across from some buildings that were built in the 1920's.
I have found a concentration of silver coins on previous trips. The area where I located the silver was approximately 200 ft.
by 50 ft. Although I did recover 8 Wheat Pennies, I may have depleted this area of silver because I came away Silverless.
A pleasant surprise was when I dug up The Official Metal Detecting Badge. I feel Honored.
My finds for the day were:5q, 7d, 4n, 18 memorials, 8 wheat pennies, (41, 44(3), 45, 46, 49, and one that is toasted. )
I also recovered 4 slugs, a Korvettes Tag, a mangled toy truck, 2 spoons, (one is marked "Hollywood Silver Plate"), a brass bell, and of course my Official Metal Detector Badge.
IMG_2294.webpIMG_2292.webpIMG_2293.webp
 
Upvote 22
ATW, you are the "Doctor of Dirt Diving," the "Physician of Soil Fishin'," the "MD of MD'ing!" Cool stuff! Sub 8-)
 
Cool! I like that!
 
I wonder how old the md badge is
 
Marcus Welby just called and he wants his badge back. Congrats on getting out yet again rescuing all those items. You've got to be way over $500 in face value for the seasons coin yield.
 
Your brass bell looks like the bell for a phone ringer based on my 34 years with the phone company. Congrats on a good hunt, even though there is no silver. Sometimes it can be hard to come by.
It's official,, The Treasure Gods determined that it was time for me to recover my own Metal Detecting Badge.
Yesterday, I spent 4 hours searching a lawn that is located directly across from some buildings that were built in the 1920's.
I have found a concentration of silver coins on previous trips. The area where I located the silver was approximately 200 ft.
by 50 ft. Although I did recover 8 Wheat Pennies, I may have depleted this area of silver because I came away Silverless.
A pleasant surprise was when I dug up The Official Metal Detecting Badge. I feel Honored.
My finds for the day were:5q, 7d, 4n, 18 memorials, 8 wheat pennies, (41, 44(3), 45, 46, 49, and one that is toasted. )
I also recovered 4 slugs, a Korvettes Tag, a mangled toy truck, 2 spoons, (one is marked "Hollywood Silver Plate"), a brass bell, and of course my Official Metal Detector Badge.
View attachment 1238507View attachment 1238508View attachment 1238509
 
great digs.... yea, the badge is neat. I think every detector needs to find one to be legit like you.
 
ATW NICE BUNCH OF FINDS .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom