Metal detector discrimination.

frankly

Greenie
Nov 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Home built.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There doesn't seem to be any information anywhere on metal detector discrimination capabilities. I know somebody who modified a detector tthat can detect .05 gram of gold at 15 cm's and goes to a total depth of 9.5 ft and only detects gold. I have no idea how good that is or isn't.

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yea? Better take your toe rings off, and wear a dress with no zipper to detect in.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you believe that, I've got some ocean front property for sale - you know the rest.
luvsdux

OP
OP
F

frankly

Greenie
Nov 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Home built.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's not such a far out idea. To discriminate all none gold you have a processor that rejects all none gold signals.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Doesn't Gold come in as iron? It does on my F75 limited. So If you know something I don't which wouldn't be unusual for me please fill me in. Thanks.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If such a device exists it would have to use technology different than metal detectors now used based on conductivity. The 'range' in which gold would be found is such that other metallic objects would be detected if standard discrimination was used. Therefore, a device that would 'only detect gold' is a bit of a reach.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
frankly, what the others here are telling you is correct. You've been hood-winked. Whoever you're talking to is mis-informed. There is no metal detector that can be made to "only find gold".

If the person you're talking to believes otherwise, then here's what you do: take him out to the nearest inner city blighted park. Turn him loose, and see how much "gold" he finds, while leaving aluminum behind. You will find that he quickly changes his tune.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was only dubious about the gold. 9.5 feet? now that really boggled my mind.
luvsdux

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rooke I have a F75 too. Set your disc to 18 and see what it does. No iron, all gold signals lol. The problem is depth, you would need something else a little stronger. But yes the F75 can disc out iron and accept only gold.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you consider what ever metals maybe in the ground and what ever metals the gold is combined with, be kinda hard.
Do yourself a favor frankly, don't buy the detector if he wants to sell it to you.
I maybe able to detect my F150 @ ten feet in an air test, but I don't know never tried.
We can hope for a machine that good, but it's not here yet.
When it happens we'll all hear about it, T-Net will light up like a Christmas tree!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions