Metal detector harness

Thanks Jeff

I have mounted a harness, a shoulder padded strap from a piece of luggage, which I picked up at Good Will for $2. It works great. My shoulder carries the weight and my hand just hoovers below the cross shaft. This is on my Hays 2 Box. Frank

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

if done right a Bungee cord hooked to your belt, Or Belt loop
or a few hooked together & slung over your shoulder can be used also.
It will drastically shorten your sweeps if hooked at the Waste but it removes weight in a pinch.

Free Bungees can be found if you road hunt while driving.

Around here most come from coal truck Tarps.
I never Buy them So no idea on prices

Last edited:
Buy a camelpac, hook bungie to it, you have cold water and a harness, this is what I use and works great.

I put 1 liter of water in camelpac and put it in freezer, when I go hunting I add 1 more liter of water, I have cold water all day at my fingertips....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys, saved me $25, got bungee cords, and strap from a old laptop case so lets see if this will work

Buy a camelpac, hook bungie to it, you have cold water and a harness, this is what I use and works great.

I put 1 liter of water in camelpac and put it in freezer, when I go hunting I add 1 more liter of water, I have cold water all day at my fingertips....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ok great idea I still have 2 of my army camelpac stored in closet so I dig one of those out

Oddly enough, I use almost the same thing Frank does. In my case, the strap is connected to an Ideal Electrician's carrying pouch. The bungie cord is attached to the left side of shaft.

Oddly enough, I use almost the same thing Frank does. In my case, the strap is connected to an Ideal Electrician's carrying pouch. The bungie cord is attached to the left side of shaft.

Yep the old strap and bungee cord works great that's what I am using now and man what a different it makes in weight

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back