Blackfoot58
Gold Member
This was found in a hole with several chunks of rotted leather harness strap. I’m guessing the cleats get driven into some wooden object. The 3 channels, on top, appear to be guides for something. Any help appreciated.
I found this one in the same area. It has one spike missing. The ring was wired to it when found. Evidently it was with a harness rigging and trace rings, etc hung from them. The wire solution made me laugh. How many generations of farmers resorted to the wire repair method?This was found in a hole with several chunks of rotted leather harness strap. I’m guessing the cleats get driven into some wooden object. The 3 channels, on top, appear to be guides for something. Any help appreciated.
Could you take a picture of the complete object?This was found in a hole with several chunks of rotted leather harness strap. I’m guessing the cleats get driven into some wooden object. The 3 channels, on top, appear to be guides for something. Any help appreciated.
There’s not much else to see, that isn’t in those 2 pictures. What angle would help? I can definitely supply it.Could you take a picture of the complete object?
I found this one in the same area. It has one spike missing. The ring was wired to it when found. Evidently it was with a harness rigging and trace rings, etc hung from them. The wire solution made me laugh. How many generations of farmers resorted to the wire repair method?This was found in a hole with several chunks of rotted leather harness strap. I’m guessing the cleats get driven into some wooden object. The 3 channels, on top, appear to be guides for something. Any help appreciated.