What's new

Meteorit?

Rww1987

Full Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
144
Reaction score
115
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this up In my yard it is magnetic and look like Its been melted. Is this a meteorite??
 

Attachments

  • image-250442596.webp
    image-250442596.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 218
  • image-825549337.webp
    image-825549337.webp
    87.8 KB · Views: 191
  • image-3949392027.webp
    image-3949392027.webp
    78 KB · Views: 171
  • image-3909406349.webp
    image-3909406349.webp
    115.8 KB · Views: 173
Looking at your photos, I can't say for sure. Most meteorites have a dark black or brown glossy coating about 1-2mm thick over the outside. You say it appears melted. I don't see that. But you should have someone near you check for certain, as meteorites (not meteorit) can be important and valuable.

Try searching for somewhere near you that has a meteorite. Take your stone with you, and ask to compare the two side by side.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom