What's new

Meteorite or not, what could they be?

SCUFFLES

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2019
Messages
72
Reaction score
109
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quebec Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some stuff that very much resembles meteorites, however I sent a sample for testing and unfortunately it was not a meteorite, and now I’m wondering if anyone might know what they could be?
 
Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the samples and some of them I have polished.
IMG_4211.webp
IMG_4184.webp
img_4183-jpeg.2129691
IMG_4209.webp
IMG_4204.webp
IMG_4220.webp
IMG_4194.webp
IMG_4208.webp
IMG_4221.webp
IMG_4191.webp
IMG_4212.webp
IMG_4188.webp
IMG_4201.webp
IMG_4171.webp
IMG_4172.webp
IMG_4170.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4183.webp
    IMG_4183.webp
    868.3 KB · Views: 225
Interesting.

Did the testing laboratory give you any breakdown of the metallic composition? I would assume this is man-made furnace slag of some kind that has been dumped. Presumably it's magnetic, otherwise there wouldn't have been any point in meteoritic testing.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5964.webp
    IMG_5964.webp
    54.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5963.webp
    IMG_5963.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5962.webp
    IMG_5962.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Only other thing I could easily find that turns dimethylglyoxime pink is cobalt. That was just a quick look though
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom