Mekong Mike Hero Member Joined Jul 22, 2013 Messages 741 Reaction score 704 Golden Thread 0 Location Vietnam, Saigon Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 30, 2013 Thread Owner #1 I found this in vietnam about 4 hours north of saigon on the coast. Is it a meteorite ? It's weight is about 400 pounds. I can't get it on my motorcycle so i left it there. Its 1 and a half feet across. Attachments long hai beach 078.webp 1.5 MB · Views: 148
I found this in vietnam about 4 hours north of saigon on the coast. Is it a meteorite ? It's weight is about 400 pounds. I can't get it on my motorcycle so i left it there. Its 1 and a half feet across.
Jim in Idaho Silver Member Joined Jul 21, 2012 Messages 3,445 Reaction score 4,909 Golden Thread 0 Location Blackfoot, Idaho Detector(s) used White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Deeptech Gold gain, Vista X, and Warrior, also Tesoro Outlaw, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light Primary Interest: Prospecting Jul 30, 2013 #2 My understanding is that meteorites don't have voids. They're solid. Jim
Oklahoma Digger Jr. Member Joined May 14, 2013 Messages 78 Reaction score 17 Golden Thread 0 Jul 31, 2013 #3 Don't see any Chondrites....
Jason in Enid Gold Member Joined Oct 10, 2009 Messages 9,692 Reaction score 9,213 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 31, 2013 #4 Looks like slag mixed with sand / gravel