What's new

meterite found in colorado well maybe

robineee

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 1, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp is this a mederite that I think I found The rock is very heavy about the size of two gaint pieces of pie put togeather it has five sides the rouch side seems to be the outer layer friend said black gold still think meterite unsure
 
It is nearly impossible to tell a meteorite vs. a meteorwrong from pictures alone.

Does a magnet stick to it? Even slightly? If not, it is likely NOT a meteorite.

If you still want more proof, buy a test kit or take it to your local university.
 
Upvote 0
If a magnet sticks to it, give it the toilet tank lid test next.
 
Upvote 0
Most likely.not but get it looked at
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet. Tommy
 
Upvote 0
First off... welcome to Tnet Robin!
hello.gif

May I make a suggestion, that you might want to post your thread here as well Rocks/Gems

This is the Tnet Gems and Rocks Forum, these guys will also be able to help identify your rock.
thumbsup.gif


Dave
 
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that's slag. That stuff is scattered about along the old RR grades in Colorado and I believe it most likely came from here. Globeville Story: Globe ASARCO
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom